Statement of Beliefs Concerning Discipline
As members of the Millwood High School Community we believe that learning and teaching is a cooperative undertaking guided by the basic principles of mutual trust, respect, and support. For our school community to thrive, students must take the task of learning seriously and work to their abilities, teachers must strive to offer meaningful and rewarding learning experiences, and parents must support and participate in the shared responsibility of education.
In our community we shall:
- emphasize that each individual must accept responsibility for his or her actions and behaviour.
- promote acceptance of each other’s beliefs, gifts, and needs.
- not tolerate violence or any form of discrimination such as racism or sexism.
- maintain an environment which allows all participants to feel safe and encourages them to develop their fullest potential for growth
- demonstrate a clean, friendly, productive and positive image of ourselves and our activities.
- provide an environment for self-expression and for the enjoyment of each other’s gifts and abilities.
- ensure that our school community emphasizes the responsibility of challenging its members to ask questions, to welcome growth and change, and to develop a sense of responsibility for their own futures.
- value empowerment and pride in one’s achievements.
- create opportunities to develop the skills and attitudes needed to prevent and resolve conflicts.
Code of Conduct
It is each student’s responsibility to adhere to the following Code of Conduct during school and all school activities. Each student and parent/guardian is expected to familiarize themselves with the policies and procedures regarding Millwood High School’s Code of Conduct.