June 2013 Exam Schedule
Fine Arts Updates
- Concert Band/Drama Concert June 4th – 6-730
- Performing Arts/Visual Arts Coffee House June 11th 630 – 830
Prom & Grad Information
- Exam Boot Camp is a program to instruct and enhance the study skills and learning strategies of students to better prepare for exams. This program will run EACH Wednesday at noon for the following three Wednesdays. Those interested must sign up in guidance ASAP! Healthy snacks are provided.
- Grade 11 St. F.X. Tour – St. FX University has invited interested grade 11 students to attend a day long tour on June 5th. Travel to and from school and lunch are provided. Those interested should sign up in the guidance office.
- A detailed list of Scholarships and Awards can be found on the Millwood High Guidance website or directly at this link.
- Visit the Guidance Bulletin Board for up to date posts on important dates and deadlines for activities for post-secondary school events, scholarship deadlines, and loan information.
- Application for Student Loans will be available early May online at: www.studentloans.ednet.ns.ca Further information about loans and scholarships may be found at: http://www.millwood.ednet.ns.ca/guidance/financial_info.htm
Online Learning Opportunities Updated list of courses for 2013-2014 available – Check our Course Selection book (pg 32) for S1 and S2 courses (register early). See your guidance counsellor to request registration in one of these courses. (You may take 1 course per semeseter at school)
The 2013-2014 school calendar has been finalized. Click here to view.
Grade 10 Health & Wellness Conference
The 5th Annual Grade 10 Health and Wellness Conference will be taking place at Millwood High on May 29th! This conference is facilitated by Millwood’s Comprehensive Guidance and Counselling Program team and the School Climate Committee. This year’s conference includes 12 expert guest presenters in a variety of areas of health and wellness.
Millwood High Calendar